Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of our favorite sides!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet Sazon Goya seasoning, without annatto (I get this in the ethnic aisle at most any grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Cook rice according to packaging.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper* & garlic; cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Either mix with or serve over rice.
- *For a spicier dish, use part jalapeno.