Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A simple dish.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1⁄2 cup canned corn (frozen works too)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) boxesof zatarains dirty rice mix
- Cook rice according to directions on the box.
- While the rice is cooking, drain the cans of beans.
- Cut tomatoes into chunks and boil with 1/2 cup of water.
- Mix together the boiled tomatoes, 1/2 cup of corn and beans in large bowl.
- Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve bean mixture over rice.
This recipe is fantastic! I am a college student trying to keep things healthy and easy on my (thin) wallet. I found this by searching for a recipe that used what I had left in my cupboard for the month, and boy was it delicious. Tasty, healthy, cheap: I don't think it gets any better than this!