Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty alternative from the usual green salad and goes together quickly. It's great with fresh garden tomatoes! Originally from the food section of the Houston Chronicle.
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- Peel tomatoes, if desired, then seed and chop.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except lettuce leaves.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill if desired and serve on lettuce leaves, if desired.
This was a smiple, but a nice change when it comes to a salad. Quick to throw together and a refreshing salad, used fresh tomatoes.
This salad is terrific and is a real change of pace. And as another added bonus, it's really easy to put together! I added 1/2 tsp garlic salt because I add it to almost everything I fix, and didn't serve this with the lettuce leaves. This one is going into my favorites cookbook and will be made often. Thanks for posting!