Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple, quick, and healthy. Serve this over brown rice for a healthy vegan meal that contains all the amino acids that you need, or try it as a side dish without the rice.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 411.06 g can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 283.49 g can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml oregano (The Mexican kind is best)
- 2.46-4.92 ml garlic salt
- pico de gallo, to taste (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled & diced (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, and sautee for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the beans, corn, paprika, oregano and garlic salt to the pan and stir well. Lower the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Serve this over brown rice if you like, or top with pico de gallo and/or avocados.
This was a very tasty dish...I made as posted but would have preferred a bit of liquid in the dish...maybe keeping some from the can of corn or the beans...we felt it was a bit dry...but we enjoyed the flavors...I omitted both of the options because I served it over rice...used leftover Lemon-Lime Rice...we had that for dinner a couple days ago...thanks for posting the recipe...=)
This was a good side dish we had last night. I used garlic powder and left off the avocado and used green salsa we had in the fridge. Made for Rookie Tag Game 2013.
Such an easy dish to make! I used the diced avocado option, and really enjoyed the avocado with the beans and corn. I'll make this again as part of a Mexican meal. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.