Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple, quick, and healthy. Serve this over brown rice for a healthy vegan meal that contains all the amino acids that you need, or try it as a side dish without the rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (The Mexican kind is best)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- pico de gallo, to taste (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled & diced (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, and sautee for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the beans, corn, paprika, oregano and garlic salt to the pan and stir well. Lower the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Serve this over brown rice if you like, or top with pico de gallo and/or avocados.
Very good I added some taco seasoning And it was just delicious I served it over my rice
This was a very tasty dish...I made as posted but would have preferred a bit of liquid in the dish...maybe keeping some from the can of corn or the beans...we felt it was a bit dry...but we enjoyed the flavors...I omitted both of the options because I served it over rice...used leftover recipe #322985...we had that for dinner a couple days ago...thanks for posting the recipe...=)
This was a good side dish we had last night. I used garlic powder and left off the avocado and used green salsa we had in the fridge. Made for Rookie Tag Game 2013.