1/3 Photos of Black Beans & Corn
Simple, quick, and healthy. Serve this over brown rice for a healthy vegan meal that contains all the amino acids that you need, or try it as a side dish without the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (The Mexican kind is best)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- pico de gallo, to taste (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled & diced (optional)
- 1Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, and sautee for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- 2Add the beans, corn, paprika, oregano and garlic salt to the pan and stir well. Lower the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- 3Serve this over brown rice if you like, or top with pico de gallo and/or avocados.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Beans & Corn
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.2 g