Mary Catherine cpa's Note:
I played around with this one, which was originally from Pillsbury. My family likes it, and so do I.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro (garnish)
- 1Add oil to a large skillet; heat over medium-high until it gets hot.
- 2Add rice, cumin, and chili powder; stir and cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add the next 8 ingredients to the skillet; stir to mix.
- 4Bring to a boil; lower the heat, cover and simmer 15-18 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender; stir every now and then.
- 5Take the skillet from the heat; removed cover and fluff the mixture with a fork.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let set for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- 7Sprinkle with a little chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Beans, Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.0
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.1 mg
- Sodium 583.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 37.8 g