Recipe by Mary Catherine cpa
I played around with this one, which was originally from Pillsbury. My family likes it, and so do I.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This was a very tasty, one pot meal that was perfect for a weeknight dinner. The combination of ingredients worked well together and everyone enjoyed it. Very colorful too, from all the bell peppers.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to a large skillet; heat over medium-high until it gets hot.
- Add rice, cumin, and chili powder; stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the next 8 ingredients to the skillet; stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil; lower the heat, cover and simmer 15-18 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender; stir every now and then.
- Take the skillet from the heat; removed cover and fluff the mixture with a fork.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let set for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with a little chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.