Recipe by Chris from Kansas
A completely simple and delicious side dish or vegetarian main meal. I like to serve this with tortilla chips.
Top Review by St. Louie Suzie
Love this combo of rice, beans and spices. It was a little too sour for me, so next time I'll cut back on the lemon juice. Probably will only use one tablespoon. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (5 ounce) package saffron rice mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- sour cream (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, drain beans, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid.
- Combine beans, reserved liquid, lime juice, chili powder and cumin in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated; stir in 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Serve beans over rice and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Garnish, if desired.