Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I know what you're thinking, black beans and rice, kind of plain, right? But not this recipe--from Goya. My husband thought, "Ok, beans and rice, I already love those, what can be so different about this recipe?" He had to eat his words, along with the beans and rice, lol. With the addition of a few simple things, wow, these are delicious! And so simple, a really quick side dish.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil on medium.
- Stir in the onion and pepper, add the garlic.
- Cook until tender or about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over the white rice.
Very easy recipe. Tastes even better when made a day ahead and reheated.
This WAS good. My DH really liked the spices and flavors. I served it over steamed brown rice. Healthy and easy - Thanks !
Easy to make and tastes great! Cooking for picky people is hard, but this recipe left them asking for more. Nice as is or thicken and eat in tortillas with cheddar. Yum!