Recipe by ciao
I know what you're thinking, black beans and rice, kind of plain, right? But not this recipe--from Goya. My husband thought, "Ok, beans and rice, I already love those, what can be so different about this recipe?" He had to eat his words, along with the beans and rice, lol. With the addition of a few simple things, wow, these are delicious! And so simple, a really quick side dish.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 59.14 ml finely chopped green pepper
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 439.41 g can black beans, undrained
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 177.44 ml water
- 1 packet goya sazon goya, without annatto
- 14.79 ml white wine or 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 473.18 ml cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil on medium.
- Stir in the onion and pepper, add the garlic.
- Cook until tender or about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over the white rice.