1/8 Photos of Black Beans and Rice
1 hr 10 mins
I saw this prepared on Simply Delicioso with Ingrid Hoffman, "Miami Nights" episode. Delicious and filling! This prepares a lot, so you'll want to use a big pot - I like to use my 5-quart (sorry, international 'Zaar friends, I don't know why we still use that type of measurement). Sometimes I add a little bit of pepperjack cheese just before serving, which gives it an extra little "kick" in flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 4 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Saute the onions, green bell peppers, garlic, bay leaves, and cumin in the olive oil over medium heat, until the veggies are tender, but still crisp.
- 2Add rice, black beans, tomatoes, water, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- 3Once boiling, switch to low and cover.
- 4Cook for about 40 minutes, or until rice is ready.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 203.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 8.7 g