Recipe by She-Thing
Mmm, another quick and delicious meal. I like black beans because they're high in protein, but incredibly low in fat and calories, nice and filling without the worry. I actually got this recipe off of the back of a can and then messed with a little bit. Um, special tips for making this, I wouldn't add as much water as it says to add, I usually add about 3/4 of a cup to 1 cup of water, but it really depends on how much juice you want. If you think you've added too much you can just cook it longer. ****Also this recipe calls for 2 packets of Sazón Goya without Annatto, which you can find at any grocery store, usually in the aisle with Mexican food, but for some reason this site can't seem to understand. So. Good luck with that.****
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (30 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 dash mixed Italian herbs
- 1 dash herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan, add the onion, pepper, and garlic and cooking until it's clear, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring everyone once in a while.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for at least 5-10 minutes, or until it reaches the consistency you desire.
- Serve with rice, or use it as an ingredient in a burrito, it's great either way.