Recipe by cmacooks
This is easy, high fiber and tasty, too!
Top Review by Tebo
I thought this was just excellent. So easy to do too!! I really liked the tartness of the lime juice. I did add a small can of diced tomatoes to this. It added a bit more colour and taste to it I think. This will be done for a vegetarian dinner I'm planning for friends soon. Thanks cmacooks.
- 1 cup raw brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped,reserve 2 tablespoons
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the brown rice in salted water or broth for 40 minutes.
- You will have two and a half cups of cooked rice.
- Transfer the rice to a microwave proof dish.
- Add the chopped onion, lime juice and drained beans to the rice.
- Crush the clove of garlic into the mixture, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine ingredients well, and reheat in the microwave for about 6-8 minutes, then garnish with reserved cilantro to serve.