Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is easy, high fiber and tasty, too!
- 1 cup raw brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped,reserve 2 tablespoons
- salt and pepper
- Cook the brown rice in salted water or broth for 40 minutes.
- You will have two and a half cups of cooked rice.
- Transfer the rice to a microwave proof dish.
- Add the chopped onion, lime juice and drained beans to the rice.
- Crush the clove of garlic into the mixture, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine ingredients well, and reheat in the microwave for about 6-8 minutes, then garnish with reserved cilantro to serve.
I thought this was just excellent. So easy to do too!! I really liked the tartness of the lime juice. I did add a small can of diced tomatoes to this. It added a bit more colour and taste to it I think. This will be done for a vegetarian dinner I'm planning for friends soon. Thanks cmacooks.
Yummy!! It was perfect. I added another clove of garlic and cooked the brown rice with some chicken stock. I added a tsp of olive oil to moisten the rice, but my DH thought it would be better dry with fish tacos. Will make many times!
Dish had good flavor, but we found it a little dry. Also, doesn't specify when to add the cilantro, only the garnish.