Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My husband hates baked beans so I was trying to come up with an alternative to serve for back yard barbeques. He loved this.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Cut bacon into bite size pieces and cook until done.
- Drain excess grease.
- Add olive oil to pan and heat.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic, cook until crisp tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat through.