Recipe by mj Sergent
Here's a healthy way to start the day.
Top Review by mookiegirl
The first time I made this recipe was about 15 years ago. Very fast & very good. I pared this with a sweeter/spicier salsa using grape tomatoes & hot jalapenos. I am a fan of the taste of the food I'm eating, so the flavor of the pancakes were good. If you need something that makes your mouth water, you may want to add extra spices. You really can't go wrong with these :)
- 425.24 g canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 egg whites
- 4.92 ml roasted garlic, chopped (jarred)
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 1 zucchini, shredded (1 1/3 cups)
- 78.07 ml whole wheat breadcrumbs, plain, dried whole-grain
- 9.85 ml olive oil, divided
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 36.97 ml reduced-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mash beans, egg whites, garlic, and cumin to a coarse texture (it should be a mixture of mashed and nearly whole beans). Stir in the zucchini and bread crumbs.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil. Using 1/2 of the bean mixture, drop 4 mounds into the pan and flatten them to about 3 1/2-inch rounds. Cook for 4 minutes, turning halfway during cooking; repeat with remaining mixture. Serve with salsa and sour cream.