1/1 Photo of Black Bean, Zucchini, & Olive Tacos
Super quick & easy but healthy & flavorful!! We usually just use the crunchy taco shells you can buy in the store. This recipe comes from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's book Appetite for Reduction - 125+ fast & filling low-fat vegan recipes. She recommends serving it with the Garlic-Lemon yogurt but its not a must.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 2 zucchini, diced small (about 1lb)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 78.07 ml pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 170.09 g can salsa verde (canned tomatillos)
- 453.59 g can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 8 (48 inch) corn tortillas
- 118.29 ml finely chopped scallion
- 1Preheat a heavy bottomed skille tover medium-high heat. Pour in the oil and add the zucchini and jalapeno, sprinkle with the salt. Saute for about 7 minutes, or until the zucchini is lightly browned.
- 2Add the garlic, olives, cumin, and coriander, and saute for 2 minutes more.
- 3Add the salsa verde and black beans and cook for 5 minutes. The salsa should reduce a bit so its not soupy.
- 4Mix the ingredients for the Garlic-Lemon Yogurt if your using.
- 5Warm the tortillas in a skillet or wrap in a moist towel & nuke for a minute. Assembly the tacos by adding the filling, yogurt, and topping with scallions. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean, Zucchini, & Olive Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 606.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: