Recipe by Mindelicious
Super quick & easy but healthy & flavorful!! We usually just use the crunchy taco shells you can buy in the store. This recipe comes from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's book Appetite for Reduction - 125+ fast & filling low-fat vegan recipes. She recommends serving it with the Garlic-Lemon yogurt but its not a must.
Top Review by Joym624
This is a tasty and filling recipe! Preparation is quick! We used Greek plain yogurt as we aren't vegan and canned jalapenos to make things easier. This one's a winner and I plan to make it again.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini, diced small (about 1lb)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (6 ounce) can salsa verde (canned tomatillos)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped scallion
- 1 cup unsweetened plain soy yogurt (wildwood is great)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light agave nectar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a heavy bottomed skille tover medium-high heat. Pour in the oil and add the zucchini and jalapeno, sprinkle with the salt. Saute for about 7 minutes, or until the zucchini is lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, olives, cumin, and coriander, and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Add the salsa verde and black beans and cook for 5 minutes. The salsa should reduce a bit so its not soupy.
- Mix the ingredients for the Garlic-Lemon Yogurt if your using.
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet or wrap in a moist towel & nuke for a minute. Assembly the tacos by adding the filling, yogurt, and topping with scallions. Enjoy!