For our next football party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese (drain if watery)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or 1/2 cup sour cream (optional) or 1/2 cup Mexican crema (optional)
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat; add in the onions; stir/saute about 5 minutes until they begin to soften but no brown.
- 2Add in the zucchini and jalapeno; stir/saute 8-10 minutes until the zucchini is soft but still holding its shape.
- 3Add in the beans, oregano, vinegar, and salt; stir well to combine.
- 4Take skillet from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- 5Add in the ricotta; stir to combine.
- 6Transfer mixture to a plate; wipe skillet with a paper towel but don’t wash it.
- 7Brush one side of each tortilla with the remaining oil; place tortillas on a work surface with oiled side down.
- 8Spread Jack cheese evenly over the bottom half of each tortilla, followed by the zucchini mixture.
- 9Fold the tortillas in half to enclose filling.
- 10Heat same skillet over med-high heat for 2 minutes.
- 11Place 2 quesadillas in the skillet, cover, and cook 2 minutes or until undersides are golden and cheese has begun to melt.
- 12Uncover and turn the quesadillas with a spatula; cook 1-2 minutes or until undersides are golden and cheese has melted completely; repeat with remaining 2 quesadillas.
- 13To serve, cut the quesadillas in half, drizzle with the creme fraiche, if using, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean, Zucchini, and Monterey Jack Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 899.6
- Calories from Fat 490
- Total Fat 54.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 1746.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 30.3 g