Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Bob's Red Mill website posted in response to a recipe request. Tortillas can be stored in refrigerator up to 3 days or place cooled tortillas in a large ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3-4 weeks. Cooking time approximate.
- 1⁄2 cup black bean flour (Bob's Red Mill preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour, unbleached
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead about 5 minutes, until elastic, add more water if needed.
- Let dough rest 15 minutes, divide dough into 6 equal portions and roll into balls.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll balls out until very thin and round.
- Preheat a 10" or 12" nonstick skillet until hot, do not use any oil.
- Place tortilla round in skillet and cook each tortilla one at a time until golden brown on each side.
- Serve immediately.
- Tortillas can be kept warm in the oven as you cook remaining rounds.