Recipe by Kim127
A guy at work made this for our Christmas Pot Luck and it took me 3 months to get the recipe out of him. He said it was secret, um, well not anymore. Serve with nacho chips. Yummy!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained with 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 can white corn, drained
- 1⁄2 lb jalapeno jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Saute together the garlic, onions and bacon until cooked.
- Lightly mash drained beans and add 1 (or 2) tbsp vinegar (which I am told"degasses" the beans).
- Add back 1/2 cup of black bean juice.
- Mix in bacon mixture.
- Spread in pie dish.
- Spread corn over the top of the bean mixture.
- Top that with shredded Jalapeno Jack cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly.