Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low-fat, healthy and very yummy! I think I found this recipe on a black bean can label, but it's all in my head now...I use half of everything one week, and the other half the next week :)
- olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 garlic clove (pressed or minced)
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning mix
- 212.62 g can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 212.62 g can corn, drained
- shredded mozzarella cheese (I use part skim)
- tortilla (small or large, I use whole wheat)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat fry pan on med.
- Heat with oil or spray.
- Add red pepper, onion, zucchini and garlic; cook about five minutes.
- Add Italian spice and mix; cook another minute.
- Meanwhile, mash black beans in a bowl with a potato masher (I'm sure there are other things you could use, if you don't have a masher!); add corn & cooked veggies.
- Spoon the mixture into the tortillas, wrap up, and bake on a cookie sheet for about 10-12 minutes; the tortillas will brown slightly.
- Serve with low fat sour cream!
- So healthy, so yummy.
- Word of warning--let them cool down a bit!
- These are also easy to take to work and reheat.
This is the best recipe i've found on here so far. Quick, easy and very tasty. Also a great recipe to play around with. I used a whole can of beans, and substituted the italian spice for ground cumin. I also let the veggies sit in lime juice for about ten minutes before putting them on the heat. THANKS Jehnna!!!
Made this with a few changes. I used a whole red pepper, a whole green bell pepper and a whole zuchini. I used 2 large cloves of fresh garlic. I used a tsp of cumin and about 1/4 tsp of chipotle powder rather than the italian seasoning. I used one can of black beans, rinsed, but not mashed. I didn't use any corn. After cooking I added a bit of lime juice and some halved grape tomatoes to the mix. I used part of this for the veggie wrap as the recipe states. I used the other as a side for my husband who is on the South Beach Diet. There is enough left over for him to use tomorrow for a wrap in a wheat flour tortilla for his lunch. Thanks for sharing your yummy and flexible recipe Jehnna
This was a great meal! Our toddler recently has stopped eating any meat, and I was looking for a vegitarian dinner that we could all enjoy (I'm tired of picking her supper up off the floor!) I used some chili powder, paprika, and a little bit of cumin instead of the italian seasonings. I froze the extra wraps and they re-heat wonderfuly too!