Recipe by Jehnna
Low-fat, healthy and very yummy! I think I found this recipe on a black bean can label, but it's all in my head now...I use half of everything one week, and the other half the next week :)
Top Review by rjh713
This is the best recipe i've found on here so far. Quick, easy and very tasty. Also a great recipe to play around with. I used a whole can of beans, and substituted the italian spice for ground cumin. I also let the veggies sit in lime juice for about ten minutes before putting them on the heat. THANKS Jehnna!!!
- olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 garlic clove (pressed or minced)
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning mix
- 212.62 g can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 212.62 g can corn, drained
- shredded mozzarella cheese (I use part skim)
- tortilla (small or large, I use whole wheat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat fry pan on med.
- Heat with oil or spray.
- Add red pepper, onion, zucchini and garlic; cook about five minutes.
- Add Italian spice and mix; cook another minute.
- Meanwhile, mash black beans in a bowl with a potato masher (I'm sure there are other things you could use, if you don't have a masher!); add corn & cooked veggies.
- Spoon the mixture into the tortillas, wrap up, and bake on a cookie sheet for about 10-12 minutes; the tortillas will brown slightly.
- Serve with low fat sour cream!
- So healthy, so yummy.
- Word of warning--let them cool down a bit!
- These are also easy to take to work and reheat.