1/1 Photo of Black Bean Veggie Burgers
Kathy at Food.com's Note:
Costco has a chipotle black bean burger that I love, so I found a basic recipe and tweaked it to meet our tastes. I really enjoy these burgers. They have just enough kick to keep them interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 (98 g) green bell peppers, cut into large pieces
- 1 (118 g) onions, cut into large pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2-1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1In a small bowl, combine the egg, chili powder, cumin and chili sauce.
- 2In a food processor, pulse bell pepper, onion, and garlic until finely chopped. If needed, strain to remove excess water.
- 3Add beans and egg mixture, pulse until combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- 4Work in bread crumbs and parmesan until mixture is sticky and holds together, adding more bread crumbs if needed.
- 5Divide into four burgers. Grill or freeze for later use.
- 6Heat a skillet on the stove top (medium heat). Coat with cooking spray and cook the burgers about 6-8 minutes per side. You can also bake them in the oven at 375 for about 10 minutes on each side.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.0 mg
- Sodium 298.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Oroweat Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins