Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saw this on From the Kitchens of.....Morningstar Farms and putting it here for safekeeping to try later.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 pieces sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 4 morningstar farms spicy black bean veggie burgers
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 8 slices firm-textured whole wheat ((1/2-inch thick, about 1 1/2 oz.) or 8 slices sourdough bread ((1/2-inch thick, about 1 1/2 oz.)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup banana pepper ring, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- Preheat electric sandwich press or grill panl. In small bowl pour water over tomatoes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well. Finely chop. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean burger according to package directions.
- In another small bowl stir together tomatoes, mayonnaise, cocktail sauce and horseradish.
- Lay out the bread slices onto a clean work surface. Spray one side of each slice with nonstick cooking spray. Flip 4 of the slices over and spread with the mayonnaise mixture. Place the burgers on top of the mayonnaise mixture then top each with 1 tablespoon of the pepper rings, 1 tablespoon of onion and remaining bread piece sprayed side facing up.
- Place sandwich in press or grill pan. (If using grill pan place heavy skillet or brick wrapped in foil on top of sandwich and cook for 3 to 6 minutes, turning once and again placing skillet or brick on top of sandwich for 3-6 minutes.) Cover and cook for 3 to 6 minutes or until bread is toasted. Slice in half and serve.
I love cocktail sauce and horseradish, so liked how this changed up our usual veggie burgers. If you weren't a vegetarian I bet the sauce would be great on a fish burger too.