Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped peeled yellow squash
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large fry pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, peppers, zucchini, squash, and onion.
- Saute for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put beans in a bowl and mash them coarsely with a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add sauteed vegetables and cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 of filling down the middle of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of cilantro.
- Roll up each tortilla.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Cover with foil; bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until heated.
- Cut wraps into 2 or 3 sections and serve.
I was very impressed with this recipe! I love the fresh vegetables, and the black beans and cheese are the perfect 'filler'. Fabulous!
I thought these were pretty good and so did my friends. I would recommend putting some rice in them, too.
We made these as part of our new "two vegi meals a week" plan...hubby and I both loved them! Thanks!