Recipe by lazyme
An answer to leftover turkey, this chili makes a good buffet dish for your winter football get-togethers. You may use green chilies in place of poblano chilies; however, the flavor and color of poblano chilies are superior. From The Ultimate Low-Fat Mexican Cookbook by Anne Lindsay Greer.
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, and diced
- 2 cups green bell peppers, diced
- 1⁄3 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs turkey meat, diced
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup cooked black beans, liquid drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- green onion, sliced
- radish, thinly sliced
- nonfat sour cream
- low-fat cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the safflower oil over medium heat in a 6-quart saucepan.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peppers, chilies, chili powder, and cumin.
- Add the chicken broth and cook 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add turkey, corn, and black beans to the broth.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and cornmeal and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with bowls of garnish arid warm corn tortillas or corn muffins.
- 4-6 grams fat; 250-275 calories.