Recipe by GaylaJ
A quick and healthy tuna salad with a different twist. I put this together for lunch today, just tossing together what sounded good. The flavors came together nicely, I thought, so I am posting the recipe. It was great served in a whole-wheat tortilla.
Top Review by j9cowie
Loved it! Was very surprised how many levels of flavour there were. Easy recipe to modify . Tried it with a bit of salsa in it and that was good too. Perfect for a picnic when you are trying to be healthy! A keeper
- 2 (6 ounce) canssolid albacore tuna, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (I do this in a strainer)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-sized bowl, flake tuna with a fork; add beans, chiles, onions, and cilantro and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients; add to tuna mixture and carefully toss to incorporate ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.