Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another great recipe from Vegetarian Times. These are delicious and so simple to make. Great for when you need a quick and healthy dinner.
- 4 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swiss chard, ribs removed, chopped
- 1 cup prepared chipotle salsa (optional)
- 4 tablespoons queso fresco (optional)
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 4 tablespoons low-fat sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F Spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet and toast 8-10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 5 minutes or until soft. Add beans, paprika, and oregano. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in skilled over medium-low heat. Add garlic, and cook 2 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Stir in chard and season with salt & pepper, if desired. Cover, and cook 4-5 minutes, or until chard is wilted.
Good healthy vegetarian meal! Think there may be a few final (assembly) steps missing in the recipe.
Really good, especially the tostadas. I used corn tortillas instead, and was surprised at how awesome and crispy the tostadas turned out- I will be making these for other dishes very often in the future, thanks! The black bean and kale topping tasted great as well, and I also topped these with shredded chili verde chicken. We loved the meal overall. [Made & Reviewed for Spring PAC 2013]