Chef Dine's Note:
All my favorite flavors. It is so good. Tangy and mexicalli flavorful! Lime and Cilantro make this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium poblano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, cilantro
- 1In large saucepot, heat olive oil on medium-high until not. Add chicken pieces and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Stir often until cooked through. Remove chicken with slotted spoon into a bowl and set aside.
- 2Add onion, chilies and garlic. Cook on Medium heat for about 10 minutes until lightly browned and tender.
- 3Stir in cumin and coriander, cook 1 more minute, stirring a few times.
- 4Add broth and water, turn back up to medium-high until boiling.
- 5Return chicken to saucepot, stir in corn, black beans and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- 7Serve with tortillat chips crushed into large pieces on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.0
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 587.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 27.7 g