Recipe by Chef Dine
All my favorite flavors. It is so good. Tangy and mexicalli flavorful! Lime and Cilantro make this dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium poblano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepot, heat olive oil on medium-high until not. Add chicken pieces and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Stir often until cooked through. Remove chicken with slotted spoon into a bowl and set aside.
- Add onion, chilies and garlic. Cook on Medium heat for about 10 minutes until lightly browned and tender.
- Stir in cumin and coriander, cook 1 more minute, stirring a few times.
- Add broth and water, turn back up to medium-high until boiling.
- Return chicken to saucepot, stir in corn, black beans and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve with tortillat chips crushed into large pieces on top.