Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From TOH, putting here for safekeeping. Have not tried it yet but think it sounds delicious and healthy.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 411.06 g can vegetable broth
- 283.49 g package frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 236.59 ml reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, cumin and pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans and broth. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup. Stir in corn and green onions; remove from the heat.
- Place one tortilla in a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with 1-1/2 cups bean mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining tortilla. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cut into wedges.
Excellent combination of flavors in this dish. I didn't have 2 cans of black beans so I used 1 can of red kidney beans and we loved it. I also probably used more cheese than stated as I didn't measure. I lightly browned my tortiallas prior to adding the bean mixture to it. They were still a little on the soggy side. Next time I will drain off the liquid and see if that help. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2011
I'm going to give this a try tonight but I'm going to substitute flour tortillas for whole grain ones. I'm on a low cholesterol high fiber diet. This dish is perfect!!!