From TOH, putting here for safekeeping. Have not tried it yet but think it sounds delicious and healthy.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, cumin and pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans and broth. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup. Stir in corn and green onions; remove from the heat.
- Place one tortilla in a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with 1-1/2 cups bean mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining tortilla. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cut into wedges.