This is a low fat, vegetarian meal that is not tasteless or bland. Give it a try for something different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- green onion, sliced (optional)
- pitted ripe olives, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream or 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1In a large skillet combine onion, green chilis, undrained tomatoes, Picante sauce, garlic and cumin.
- 2Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 3Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in beans.
- 5In 13x9x2 inch baking dish spread 1/3 of bean mixture over bottom.
- 6Top with 1/2 of tortillas, overlapping if necessary, and 1/2 of the cheese.
- 7Add another 1/3 of the bean mixture, then remaining tortillas and remaining bean mixture.
- 8Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and return to oven until cheese is melted.
- 10Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 11If desired, top with tomato slices, green onions and olives.
- 12Cut into squares and serve with sour cream or yogurt.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Tortilla Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 334.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 19.1 g