1/2 Photos of Black-Bean & Tomato Quinoa
Quinoa (pronounced "keen-wa" ) is a a fast-cooking, protein-packed whole grain. This is a healthy and great tasting dish. Also, it is great for adding extras like avocado, corn, bell peppers or whatever you have on-hand that sounds good.
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together lime zest and juice, butter, oil, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- 2Wash quinoa in 3 changes of cold water in a bowl, draining in a sieve each time.
- 3Cook quinoa in a medium pot of boiling salted water (1 tablespoon salt for 2 quarts water), uncovered, until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4Drain in sieve, then set sieve in same pot with 1 inch of simmering water (water should not touch bottom of sieve).
- 5Cover quinoa with a folded kitchen towel, then cover sieve with a lid (don't worry if lid doesn't fit tightly) and steam over medium heat until tender, fluffy, and dry, about 10 minutes.
- 6Remove pot from heat and remove lid.
- 7Let stand, still covered with towel, 5 minutes.
- 8Add quinoa to dressing and toss until dressing is absorbed, then stir in remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black-Bean & Tomato Quinoa
Serving Size: 1 (862 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.2
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 16.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: