Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Black beans combined with juicy red tomatoes and seasoned with the zest of lime, aromatic cumin, oregano, cilantro, and a generous jolt of Tabasco make a fabulous, festive and fiery pasta sauce. Toss with piping-hot, wagon wheel-shaped pasta, then all you need is a finishing touch of tangy feta. Pour some icy-cold beer just to cool things off a bit.
- 59.14 ml olive oil, fruity flavored
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 314.66 ml canned black beans, rinsed and well drained (frijoles negros)
- 453.59 g ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 grated large lime, zest of
- 4.92-9.85 ml Tabasco sauce
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml salt (to taste)
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 236.59 ml crumbled feta cheese, at room temperature
- Combine olive oil, garlic, black beans, tomatoes, lime zest, Tabasco, oregano, cumin, and salt in pasta serving bowl. Set aside to warm to room temperature or, preferably, place the bowl (be sure it's heatproof) over the pasta pot to warm the ingredients while heating the water. Once the water comes to a boil, remove bowl and set aside.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain pasta well and immediately add to sauce in bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and toss. Serve the feta cheese separately in a bowl for each person to add as they wish.
- RECOMMENDED PASTA: 8 ounces rotelle (wagon wheels).