Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Filling Extra? Crispy, juicy jicama sticks make great dippers for this south-of-the-border dip. Peel a jacama and cut into sticks or slices.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomatillos, drained and coursely chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped drained
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the beans and tomatillos in a food processor and pulse until a chunky puree forms.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients: stir until well combined.