Recipe by stephanienichole25
One of my picky family's most favorite recipes. It is great for serving a large group if you double or triple the recipe. So easy!
Top Review by fourwheelers
Great recipe! Made it for my family. Added fresh cilantro from the garden and a can of creamed corn to the filling. It was so hearty and good. I'll definately keep this one in my cookbook. Thank you for posting it!
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 6 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup canned corn or 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute onions and green pepper in oil.
- Add ground turkey and continue cooking until turkey is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- In a med bowl, combine cornmeal, sugar and salt.
- Stir milk, egg and oil into cornmeal mixture until moistened. Then, stir in corn.
- Grease 9" pie pan and press cornmeal into the bottom and sides.
- Spoon turkey and bean mixture into crust.
- Bake at 350° for about 25 minute.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 3-5 more minute.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minute.