Recipe by TasteTester
This is a hearty soup/stew that is great to make on a chilly day. We usually have it for lunch, but with the addition of a simple salad (such as one consisting of letture, red onion, yellow bell pepper and topped with a basic vinaigrette), cornbread and a caramel flan for dessert, it would make a delicious dinner meal as well.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 1⁄4 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven cook ground beef with onions until beef is browned; drain fat. Add taco seasoning, salad dressing mix, cumin, tomatoes, black beans, corn, tomatoes with chiles, and 2 cups water.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour. Top with Cheddar cheese, if desired.