This recipe came from Cooking Light magazine. Even though it has a lot of ingredients, it's still quick and easy to pull together for a weeknight meal.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 8 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- To prepare vinaigrette: combine first 11 ingredients in a blender or food processor, process until smooth.
- To prepare salad: combine lettuce and remaining ingredients except chips in a large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette; toss well to coat.
- Serve with chips.
- Note: to prepare vinaigrette without a food processor, just crush the garlic clove and vigorously whisk it and all the other ingredients together.
- This is what I do.