This recipe has a savory delicious taste and the avocados add a nice creamy texture! This is one of our family favorites!
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & diced small
- 3 tomatoes, peeled & diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 cups black beans (pre-cooked or canned)
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons miso (any color)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 avocados, peeled & diced
- 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Put all the ingredients, EXCEPT the avocados, cilantro and last 3 spices, in a large pot and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer on low for 30 minutes, or desired tenderness of vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to your preference. You’ll need more salt if you used water instead of broth.
- Add the avocado, cilantro, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taster (per serving).