1/1 Photo of Black Bean Sunshine Pasta Salad
8 hrs 30 mins
A nice, colorful picnic or buffet salad. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g tri-color spiral pasta, uncooked
- 283.49 g frozen peas and carrots
- 566.99 g pineapple chunks in juice, drain and reserve 1/2 cup juice
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, sliced thin and cut each slice into 3 pieces
- 118.29 ml green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large oranges, peeled & sectioned (cut sections into 3 pieces each)
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml wine vinegar (or more to taste)
- 9.85 ml honey
- 9.85 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml orange zest
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions for the minimum cooking time.
- 2Place peas and carrots in a colander.
- 3When pasta is done, pour into the colander over peas and carrots. ( the hot water will cook the vegetables slightly.) Drain and place in a large bowl.
- 4Add pineapple , beans, bell pepper, onions, and orange sections. Toss to combine.
- 5Combine reserved pineapple juice and remaining ingredients. Mix well. Taste to adjust vinegar and salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture. Mix gently until well combined.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight (8 hours). Mix a few times while chilling.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Sunshine Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g