Recipe by Outta Here
A nice, colorful picnic or buffet salad. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by Charlotte J
I enjoyed this healthy, "no mayo" salad. It is easy to make and has nice flavor. Love all the color in the salad too. Fresh ground pepper and Kosher salt was used to season the salad to taste. Made for Please Review My Recipe
- 8 ounces tri-color spiral pasta, uncooked
- 10 ounces frozen peas and carrots
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice, drain and reserve 1/2 cup juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced thin and cut each slice into 3 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large oranges, peeled & sectioned (cut sections into 3 pieces each)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions for the minimum cooking time.
- Place peas and carrots in a colander.
- When pasta is done, pour into the colander over peas and carrots. ( the hot water will cook the vegetables slightly.) Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add pineapple , beans, bell pepper, onions, and orange sections. Toss to combine.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice and remaining ingredients. Mix well. Taste to adjust vinegar and salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture. Mix gently until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight (8 hours). Mix a few times while chilling.