Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this up to go along with my Tequila Lime Chicken. If you don't like cilantro, go ahead and omit it. This is even better after it has sat in the fridge overnight.
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This was really good ... I loved the lime flavoring in this ... makes a great dip with tortilla chips.
A nice side dish for a Mexican meal. I used all the cilantro but next time would probably only use half. I do like it, but found this a bit overpowering. Great side dish though!