Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Makes a great low fat main dish. My kids actually loved this!
- 4 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except bell peppers and cheddar cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut top of bell peppers, clean the inside and rinse well.
- Stuff with mixture and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of each bell pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup water to shallow baking dish.
- Add bell peppers and cook for 30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Delicious! I took the advise of other reviewers and saut?ed the onions before cooking. Also, to prevent burning of the cheese, I added it at the last 5 minutes. It was perfect! And mixed a little cheese in with the rice mixture. So good!
These had absolutely no flavor. They need some spices!
Wonderful! This is coming from someone who doesn't like a lot of vegetables. I also added cheese last five minutes and wished I had sauted the onion. I made all the filling but only cooked half one night and the other half the next night so I had fresh peppers.