Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious appetizer...easy to prepare and tastes great...can even make ahead. yum!
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 (10 inch) soft flour tortillas
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- salsa (for dip)
- Process beans until smooth and spread on warmed tortillas (I warm in microwave 25 seconds for easy rolling).
- Place all else in processor until smooth and spread over beans.
- Roll up tightly. Refrigerate and when ready, serve with salsa, cutting spirals into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Note: cook time is refrigeration time.
Very good, very easy recipe for entertaining. I used my immersion blender, simply because it is the easiest to clean. My kids loved this, as did my chilehead husband and father, so this is a very family-friendly recipe! Thank you for sharing! Made for ZWT5, for the Groovy GastroGnomes.
We loved these! I skipped the blender, mashed the beans with a spoon, put the cream cheese in the microwave for about 8 sec. They went together in a snap and I liked the fact that you could make it ahead of time and serve with guests arrive. Made by an Epicurean Queen for ZWT5.
This sounds like the black bean pinwheel recipe from the Kraft site...I absolutely love this recipe and have had people request it constantly for gatherings. I made a few changes though..to make things easier, I started with refried black beans (don't processing required), used monterey jack cheese with the jalapenos, and added some garlic powder to the filling before rolling. I serve with hot and mild salsa. Very very good.