Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not a vegetarian, but sometimes I want a meal without meat and these are great.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 scallions (finely chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 3 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- In a heavy skillet, cook onion and mushrooms over moderate heat, stirring, until golden.
- Add spinach and garlic and cook, until wilted.
- Stir in water, beans, lemon juice, scallions (use 4 green onions if you can't find scallions), pepper jack cheese, and salt to taste.
- Cook, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Microwave tortillas on high for 15 seconds.
- Place a few tablespoons of filling in center of burrito, fold sides and roll.
- Top with sauce and sour cream.