I'm not a vegetarian, but sometimes I want a meal without meat and these are great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 lb mushroom (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 scallions (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 3 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 1In a heavy skillet, cook onion and mushrooms over moderate heat, stirring, until golden.
- 2Add spinach and garlic and cook, until wilted.
- 3Stir in water, beans, lemon juice, scallions (use 4 green onions if you can't find scallions), pepper jack cheese, and salt to taste.
- 4Cook, stirring until cheese is melted.
- 5Microwave tortillas on high for 15 seconds.
- 6Place a few tablespoons of filling in center of burrito, fold sides and roll.
- 7Top with sauce and sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean, Spinach and Mushroom Burritos (Gourmet Magazine)
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.4
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 780.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas