Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yogurt, black beans and salsa..doesn't get any tastier than this. This recipe comes from a Dannon lid and is always a favorite, even for those "tough guys" that don't like yogurt, mum's the word. If your guests really...really don't like black beans, you can substitute refried beans.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup salsa (we like Herdez or Pace)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (chopped0)
- Combine drained black beans and 1/3 cup salsa; spread half of mixture in an 8x8 pan.
- Dollop 1/2 cup yogurt on top of beans, then 1/4 cup add olives,1/3 cup salsa,1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup lettuce.
- Repeat layers of beans/salsa mix, leftover olives, salsa, cheese, green onions and lettuce.
- Serve with chips after a few hours of chilling.
This was a good and easy dip to put together. I made it with homemade yogurt and paired with lightly salted homemade tortilla chips. I did not include the lettace as I didn't have any in the fridge. The only thing was that it had a little too much yogurt so I increased the salsa to be the dominate taste. Thanks!
I made this a day ahead to blend the flavors I used Greek yogurt and added in Tabasco and cayenne pepper, also some fresh garlic, thanks for sharing BakinB!
We really enjoyed this dip, & using a mild, chunky salsa was enough heat for us (guess you can't really call that 'heat', though! Still, IT WAS GREAT! I liked it with corn chips, but others enjoyed the tortilla chips more! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]