Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in a magazine a few years ago and have made it often to rave reviews. I like the fact that you get it ready the day before and the final cooking time is only ten minutes The prep time does not include the marinade time.
- 4 lbs pork spareribs (I like back ribs)
- 1⁄2 cup black bean sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth (or sherry)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 teaspoons minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili sauce
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh coriander, chopped & divided
- Cut the spareribs into serving size pieces, put them in a large saucepan and cover with cold water Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until the ribs are tender, about 40 minutes (depends on the ribs), Drain Arrange ribs on a cookie sheet or shallow pan.
- While the ribs are cooking whisk together the black bean sauce, vermouth, honey, ketchup, ginger, garlic, chili sauce, green onions and 1/3 cup coriander Pour over the ribs turn and coat all sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Bring to room temp before cooking.
- You may now BBQ,broil or bake the ribs.
- BBQ over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, turning and basting once. If Baking have the oven pre heated to 425F
- They are done when the are browned and glazed Garnish with the remaining coriander.
I used pork spareribs with extra garlic, extra chili sauce and extra coriander. I had to bake them for 20 minutes and they never got the glazed look, a little dry but tasty. I always make broth from pork spareribs, this recipe allowed me to make a delicious Chinese soup with yellow bean sprouts, mushrooms and spinach to go along with the meal! Thank you!
I made these last weekend Bergy, and I used back ribs. I put it together Friday night and we had them saturday. They tasted great. We baked them. Next time its the bbq. Thanks Bergy for another great recipe.