Recipe by akgrown
A simple and exotic soup served with a dollop of sour cream and lime wedges.
Top Review by driggs63
I made this last night and it was so quick and easy and delicious!! I used 2 cans of Trader Joe's black beans, so it only took about 20 minutes to cook. I let it sit on the stove on warm for about 45 minutes total, and it was fantastic. Will definitely make again!!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups dried black beans, soaked overnight (or 2 1/2-3 cups canned black beans)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- sour cream
- lime wedge, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large dutch oven or stock pot. Sauté onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add balance of ingredients except the sweet potatoes. Simmer until beans are soft, about 1 hour.
- Add potatoes and continue to simmer until potatoes are tender (do not overcook sweet potatoes, they'll turn to mush) :-)
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and a lime wedge squeezed over the top.