Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
Make and share this Black Bean Soup With Rice and Ham recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sliced carrots
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups cubed lean smoked ham
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked converted rice
- chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients, except rice, cilantro, salt and pepper, in slow cooker; cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, adding rice during last 2 hours.
- Stir in cilantro; season to taste with salt and pepper.