Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Found this year's ago in a friend's cook book. (New York Times?) Delicious, freezes and reheats beautifully. i prefer chopped coriander to the green onion garnish. i also prefer to toast my cumin seed before adding to this recipe. Serve with grainy bread and you have a complete protein and a dandy cleanser for your innards. Sour cream or Greek yogurt makes a nice topper, too.
- 236.59 ml black beans (soaked)
- 1656.13 ml broth
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 59.14 ml celery, diced
- 118.29 ml carrot, finely diced
- 3.69 ml cumin seed, toasted and crushed
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml coriander, chopped
- Cook pre-soaked beans in stock for 2- 3 hours.
- Saute veggies and add with spices to stock and beans.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with garnish.