- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb diced andouille sausage
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, picked for shells and cartilage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a slow cooker, combine beans, broth, tomatoes, sausage, onion, celery, carrots, cumin, bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with crab and cilantro.