Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This soup is delicious! Not only does it taste great, but it is quick to prepare and low-fat.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle chile
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Heat oil and garlic in large saucepan over med-high heat for 1 minute or until garlic starts to sizzle.
- Stir in water, chipotle powder, beans and salsa.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Place 3 cups of black bean mixture in a blender; process until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to pan.
- Stir in lime juice; simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.